For healthcare professionals in the state of Pennsylvania only.
Free, Live On-site Presentation. We come to your site!
CME/CEU: This activity is approved for AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
Presenters: Physician & Registered Dietitian from your community
Evidence-influenced practical suggestions
Current research and recommendations
Updates on obesity prevention and treatment
Helpful handouts and resources
Highlights & Upcoming Events
This program is designed for primary care providers, nurses, dieticians and
social workers/care management.
At the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
• compare the pharmacological and surgical approach to obesity
• identify strategies to optimize the bariatric surgery hospital stay
• discuss patient-centered research to prevent excessive gestational weight gain and rapid infant weight gain
• introduce family-center research to strenthen families and improve health
• describe an overview of evaluating the obese pediatric patient
• describe how to develop and implement an exercise plan for the overweight/obese individual
• identify behaviors and issues that are potentially problematic for postbariatric surgery patients
• describe etiologies of weight regain
To register online, please follow this link:
https://go.geisinger.org/Obesity18 or you can scan this QR Code with your smart phone and complete your registration electronically.
Check it out!
Great tips from the American Heart Association on how to eat healthy and lose weight in order to maintain a healthy heart!
AAP provides Healthy Childhood Weight resources
to support better integration of early nutrition, healthy active living and obesity prevention into clinical
care during the critical first five years of life.
PANEN provides information on SNAPed and great nutrition resources and recipes!
A new, free interactive nutrition learning program for patients!
The Gaples Institute, a cardiologist led educational nonprofit with the mission of advancing the role of nutrition and lifestyle in health care, has developed a new interactive nutrition program for patients. Content is focused on nutrition knowledge that can make the biggest impact on food decisions patients make every day, addressing topics from various forms of sugar and their impact on blood sugar, to interactive nutrition label reading, to making healthy choices when eating out.